Thursday, October 29, 2009

Feeding a newborn

When i was pregnant, many people asked me if I will breastfeed or bottle-feed my baby. The truth is that I wanted to breastfeed my daughter, because I knew how important it would be for her and me (go quickly back to wear my skinny jeans :))
Unfortunately, it was not the case. Right after I gave birth i was able to breasfeed , but 10 days after my delivery I had a major bleeding and I was hospitalized and giving a lot of blood and medications; which affected the quantity of the milk my body produces. Long story short, I decided to bottle -feed my newborn. Blieve me it was a hard decision to make, but it was a good one.
Here is a very intersting article that shades the light on both feeding methods. enjoy!!
http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/feeding/feednewborn.html

1 comment:

  1. I have a 6 months-old boy. I have been breastfeeding him since day 1. He is doing really good; but for me the weight didn't go away.

    ReplyDelete